Spanish language documents, secondary inverter and string inverter configurations, improved layout
pvDesign - version 1.6.3
This has been one of the most feature-packed updates we have ever made. These are some of the highlights:
- Spanish language in the documents: Now you can download all of our documents in Spanish, in PDF and editable format. To do so, click on a document and choose the language (English or Spanish) in the dialog.
- New tutorial: Find a tutorial about how to create a design in the Tutorials page.
- Improved layout: We improved the algorithm which places the power stations in the field. Now, the perimeter of the areas is available for placing power stations, whereas in previous versions it could only place them in the internal roads. This leads to better layouts, specially if the available area is small.
- Secondary central inverter: You can now choose to use a secondary central inverter in the string box configuration. When choosing a secondary inverter of lower power than the primary inverter, the software may be able to fit some smaller power stations in the nooks and crannies of your perimeter. This leads to an improvement in the fill factor, thus increasing the plant power.
- New model for calculating string inverter configurations: We remade the engine which calculates the electrical configurations for the string inverters. The new model will be able to find better configurations in most cases.
Improvements and bug fixes
We also fixed the following bugs:
- We fixed a bug which caused the energy production engine to disregard the power production of lone power stations.
- We changed how we choose the most representative cable for the energy losses. Now the cable should be more representative of the real system, while remaining a conservative estimate.
- We fixed some bugs in the new design page and improved the reporting of user errors.
- We improved the calculation of the fence positions, so that fences no longer can be overlapped.