Preview the design, low voltage SLD, simplified site nomenclature and KMZ files
pvDesign - version 2.0.7
In this version we made some of the biggest changes to pvDesign since the commercial release. In particular, we believe the ability to preview the plant power will deeply change how you make your designs.
Here are the biggest changes:
- Design preview: In the New Design page, we added a new tab called Preview. In this tab we show a preliminary version of the layout, and the estimated plant rated power. Every time you change an input in another tab, the preliminary design will be recalculated. Using this feature, you can improve the design fill factor by tweaking the inputs iteratively (such as the inverter, the pitch distance, the DC/AC ratio, or the layout rotation angle).
- Low voltage single line diagram: This new document is available for all six electrical configurations and contains the SLD of all levels up to and including the power station. Furthermore, the diagrams represent all possible types of equipment for each configuration.
- Simplified site nomenclature and KMZ files: It is now possible to upload KMZ files. Additionally, you may create a site using a simplified nomenclature, which uses abbreviation of the previous naming system, such as AA for AA-Polygon or AC for AC-Access. It is no longer obligatory to number the areas.
- New site tutorial: We created a new tutorial which explains how to use the new simplified nomenclature. Check it out by clicking this link.
- Improved loading speed: We have improved the loading speed of the New Design page and of the Google Maps layout view in finished designs.
Improvements and bug fixes
We also fixed the following bugs:
- We fixed a number of errors which were causing simulations to fail. The incidence of design errors should now be lower.
- We fixed a bug which was causing an electrical cable entry to be missing from the bill of quantities.
- We fixed a bug in the energy transposition algorithm, which under some circumstances was ignoring the view azimuth.